Greetings, I hope your 2016 is going ok so far. We’ve sure had a bumpy start, with all these iconic musicians and actors leaving us so early in the year. Hopefully we won’t have much more bad news for awhile.
My writers group Bayou Writers Club held their first meeting of 2016, and it was suggested of the members that we come up with writing resolutions. Ya know, kind of like New Year’s Resolutions but writing related? Typically I’ve shied away from these and New Year’s Resolutions in general, because I just haven’t had a lot of luck with them in the past.
I’ve also done pretty well with goals for myself, so I’m opting to think of these more as “goals” than “resolutions”, since aren’t resolutions kind of apt for being broken? Gym workout resolutions, anyone??
So, I figured I’d put my writing goals for 2016 here so you can see them and I can come back and update you throughout the year on my progress. Now some of these have to do specifically with writing, but not all of them do. Some are for more of the complimentary stuff for writing, like getting twitter followers or (ahem) blog posts. Ok, here we go, in no particular order:
Paul’s 2016 Writing Goals:
- Get to 700 followers on my twitter account, @tanis2112
- Write four blog posts over the year [counting this one? maybe 😉 ]
- Either self publish or query my general fic manuscript (title forthcoming… I like surprises lol)
- Complete two short stories and submit them either to contests or for consideration to be Kindle Singles
- Make significant progress on my sci-fi manuscript (title forthcoming… see above about surprises)
So that’s it! I’m trying not to go too far with these, so I have goals that are reasonably attainable, but not TOO easy. Wish me luck!